Sunday, June 14, 2009
Some days are, indeed, better than others.
On this day, June 14, 2009:
- Swiss discovered, unhappily, that another dog was using her sacred pooping grounds. Disappointment was greatly diminished by the gift of a Greenie.
- Colorado was blessed with more rain and temperate weather…
- ...along with an impressive thunderstorm, a little hail, and, probably another funnel cloud. Since last weekend, we’ve had something on the order of eight tornados touch down around the area.
- I spent a beautiful morning driving up to Golden Gate Canyon park near Golden, enjoying the lush scenery. There is a scenic overlook in the park where you have an amazing view of what seems to be the entirety of the Colorado Rockies. If you’ve never been to Colorado, when you do manage to take the trip you should spend half a day hiking some of the paths in the park and then drive up to the overlook. It is, undeniably, one of the most beautiful sights in the world. The pictures on the state site hardly do it justice.
- And in the park, in a small, very private ceremony, we were pronounced man and wife. And I kissed the bride.
- Wedding bouquet courtesy of the generous and kind MM.