Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Notes from the fringes of non-blogging:
- If you want to believe that America has talent, you might do well to ignore the show, America’s Got Talent. It goes far in proving the opposite (although there are, of course, a few exceptions sprinkled here and there--which doesn’t excuse the excessive praise that they heap upon some folks who should be ignored).
- But So You Think You Can Dance is a show with some genuinely talented folks. Often a true pleasure to watch and the judging tends to be spot on.
- Say it ain’t so, Joe. Colorado is going to miss Joe Sakic, especially in a rebuilding year where fans are going to have a hard time rousting up much excitement for this Avalanche team.
- Some days it’s hard to escape the idea that this is a horrible, horrible world that we live in.
- Bernie Ecclestone is a moron. He would do well to be fitted with a muzzle. Seriously.
- And here I had thought CompuServe was dead. Talk about surprising.
- Hubba hubba. I feel lust in my heart.
For what it’s worth.